February 15, 2011

Just Some Thoughts

I have all of these thoughts swirling in my head that don't really go together, and I think I lack the energy and brain power to make them all somehow coordinate, so how about a list of random observations/ questions/ thoughts on life?

1.  I don't really care much about Valentine's Day.  Sure, I want King to tell me he loves me and all, but it sort of bugs me that just because someone picked this day to be about love, he should be expected to do something for me.  I'd kill him if he spent big money on flowers when they are the most expensive.  So, I was happy with my simple note and tiny box of mint chocolates.  But, I was mostly thrilled to see how excited my girls were to get a note and candies from their daddy who loves them so much.  He knows the way to my heart for sure...be a good dad.  And, he's the very best at it.  I think the girls thought he did well, considering he got three big hugs and kisses from girls who are less and less likely to spontaneously admit they like their parents. 

2.  Speaking of chocolate and mint, my new favorite hot chocolate is Target's Archer Farms Mint Hot Cocoa.  Delicious.  Dark chocolaty and minty and yummy, and pretty cheap, too. 

3.  Has anyone ever felt like time is moving so quickly and you just can't figure out how to slow it down?  Cinderella registers for high school next week, and I can't believe it.  I sat there listening to her weigh the pros and cons of Spanish versus French and Study Hall versus electives and I just couldn't believe that this young lady is my skinny, pig-tailed little girl.  Wasn't that just yesterday?  Seriously, where did the time go?!
October 2003

4.  The Lord is mindful of each of us.  I hope you know that.  For some reason, my whole headache situation has been more daunting in the last few weeks. I am not sure if they are actually worse, or if I am having a harder time handling them, or if pneumonia, a three week vacation, and a bad back have been too much on top of my normal bad, or if the realization that the medication I have been on for months is not really doing anything to improve my quality of life is sinking in, BUT we have seen so many tender mercies in the past weeks.  Angels with meals and encouragement, and rides for the girls, and support for my dear husband.  I know we have a loving Heavenly Father that knows us personally and loves us intensely.  He is always there, and can help our hearts be purified in faith and uplifted. 
"...But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender cmercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of ddeliverance." --1 Nephi 1:20
"But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who aknoweth all things." --2 Nephi 2:24
 4.  There seems to me a direct correlation to my suggestion that one needs a shower and the realization by that same one that she may have homework she could get caught up on or ahead in.  It happens so often, I am beginning to think that maybe she is making it up.  I mean, how much can a sixth-grader do to get ahead when she already has straight A's?  You don't think she's trying to avoid showering or anything? Would someone really do that?

5.  When I stepped on the Wii Fit scale the other day, my trainer informed me that I had gained a couple of pounds.  He encouraged me to pick the reason I may have gained these stray pounds.  Curiously, I was not given the choice, "I mostly laid in bed for two weeks straight and ate a handful of chocolate chips every time I felt sorry for myself" :)  so I picked, "Too much late night snacking" instead.  I hope he doesn't know I lied, because I'd sure hate to ruin our professional relationship.  We get on so well the few times a year we interact. 

4 comments:

  1. Tell that trainer to mind his own business. Oh, yeah, that is his business. Tell me it isn't so -- High School??? No way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise2/16/2011

    I agree. There isn't much finer that your husband being a good dad to your children. So sexy (I really mean that). It is only topped by him being a good grandparent to your grandchildren.
    Seriously? Not wanting to shower still?? Just wait - in a few years you won't be able to get her out of the bathroom.
    Oh, and I vote Spanish for sure. It will open doors for jobs that French never will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know that I'm not the only one with a 6th grade girl who hates to shower. (And who has 100% or HIGHER in 6 of her 7 classes!)

    The Lord IS mindful of us! I marvel at this all the time. (But still not enough)

    You married a good man, and I'm sure he's a great father. I was just reading over some journal entries from college this last week and laughing over some fun times with the King.

    I hope you find some answers and relief very soon for your health issues!

    JenCom Cherp

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing woman. Just hold that thought -- and you are so very loved.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails