February 7, 2009

A Haiku For You

A Haiku poem in honor of the mail I received today, and inspired by my poet friend, Nancy.(Whose blog, I'm sorry to say, is private. I wish you could read the all the things that tickle me so.)


Got the stinking bill.
Neurologist's charge whopping
three hundred dollars?

Seriously. I spoke with him for less than ten minutes. He poked me with a pin and made me touch my nose with my finger. I do think he's smart, just expensive, I guess. Sigh. This, my friends, not to mention the last painful three weeks of experimental medications that have not paid off yet, is the reason it hurts so much to go to new doctors.

Don't worry. I'm not giving up yet. Or robbing a bank. I'm just complaining a little.

Okay, I'm done.

4 comments:

  1. I loved an email I read a few years ago...all about going to a vet for medical help, you get seen quicker and it's cheaper! I grew up with a vet as a Dr. (dad) so I thought it was funny. Anyway, if you run our of Drs to see....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know that you don't love new suggestions on how to "get fixed", but have you ever seen a good chiropractor? it would cost you a lot less money and they just might be able to take away the pain. just a thought; i wish my husband could treat you, but alas, the plane tickets would make the neurologist seem cheap! with a dc, at least you wouldn't end up spending $300 big ones for a brief consultation with no results. yuck. good luck with whatever you pursue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristie--a vet, now there's an option I hadn't thought of...

    Michal--I did work with a good chiropractor for a while. While it did great things for my back, it did nothing for the headaches. Although, I'm thinking a nice trip to sunny CA once a month might be great anyway. I'll see you next week. Maybe I'll bring Scrappy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loathe doctor bills...I feel your pain...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails