February 12, 2009

Prayers

I know I've been a little whiny about my headaches, etc. lately. And, there's no denying it, it's been a rough few weeks. But, I just can't help thinking that I would so much rather have a headache everyday than watch one of my girls go through anything very hard or life threatening. I'd suffer anything to keep it from my kids. I'm sure that's how most of you moms feel. But, that's just not how life is. We don't get to pick our trials. That's why my heart just breaks for my cousin, Leslie, her husband, Kim, and their sweet little guy, Nikolas. Here's Nikolas, in one of his happier moments:Isn't he just the cutest? Right now, he's not having one of his happier moments. He's been in and out of the hospital almost since birth. He's on dialysis, he's got a lot of medical issues, and is now in the hospital again with some more things that the doctors are having a bit of trouble figuring out. It's hard on him, his parents, and his cute older brother, Conner. If you'd like to pop on over to their blog, you can go here to see more of their story.

And, while I sincerely believe that they have God to support them, as it says in Alma 36:3 "For I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day," I also know that even with God's help it's sometimes not easy. We need the help from others. So, if you have room in your heart for a prayer for this little family that you'll never meet, please join me in remembering them. Because I know, that, as it says in 1 Peter 3:12,"For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers," the Lord hears our prayers, and can bring comfort to Nikolas and his family. If anyone could use it, they sure could.

5 comments:

  1. breaks my heart. absolutely we will pray. what a cute little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing this. I'm sure we've had a lot of the same feelings watching their story unfold. I keep wishing there were more I could do, but you're doing it. Increasing prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks so huggable and kissable! There's power in prayer, as Mary Edmund (sp?) said, It's not just all we can do, it's the best we can do (I wish I knew the quote verbatum!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kimberlie!!! You and Kiersten have been such incredible support to us and we really appreciate it. I know that prayer helps and I love that scripture in Alma. We are also praying for you because I know how debilitating headaches can be. I hope they find something that helps you. Thanks again, we so love our family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love those big cheeks! It's so sad and disheartening when kids are sick and in and out of the hospital and such. What a great and brave little baby boy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails