August 21, 2009

Better

On this, the third day of my infusions of medications, I am handling it much better. My friend took me to the hospital today since King had to work (thanks Wendy!) and I managed to actually have a coherent conversation with her all the way home. (At least I think it was coherent, I suppose I could have been out of it enough that it wasn't when I thought it was.) I feel lousy, but more like a VW Bug ran over me, rather than a freight truck, so that's good. I'm handling it better. I even didn't have a headache when I woke up this morning. Maybe it will work.

So, I forgot to mention something else about my appointment with the headache doctor this week. Besides the IV and the working to get the Botox approved by the insurance, should I need it, he thinks that I should change medications. Because, the one I am on now is not working. It's helping a lot, and is probably the only reason I was able to enjoy my summer vacation, I think, but he thinks if it were working, then I would only have an occasional headache, and not one every day. So, he's switching me to a different kind. Not an anti-depressant or anxiety med, not a beta blocker, and not a seizure med. It's a memory enhancing medication.

Which is why it is hilarious that I forgot to mention it in my last email. Hahahaha....I crack myself up every time I think about it.

Clearly I need to get out more.

Or stop drugging myself.

Or something.

Anyway, the drug is called Namenda, and has been shown to help migraine sufferers as well as Alzheimer patients. We'll see if it helps. I start on it next week. It will be a bonus if it helps me remember to buy milk when I stop at the store to get chocolate chips.

2 comments:

  1. I think I need some Namenda. Wait, is that what it was called? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise8/23/2009

    Mmmm - just you wait. I could write milk down on my list and still forget it.
    I hope this round helps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails