June 17, 2008

A Good Plan

When my twins were born, I read some advice that was supposed to help with dealing with multiple laundry loads that come with multiple babies. The advice was to buy only white socks so that you didn't have to spend time matching up your twins' socks. At first it sounded crazy because I just love cute little socks that match outfits. But after a few months of having my house overrun by laundry where single tiny, adorable socks seemed to disappear into the abyss, I decided it was sound advice and determined to follow it. It was good advice, but I managed to take it a bit further.

Since the girls are only two years younger than Cinderella, I buy the same size socks for all three of the girls. Occasionally, Cinderella's socks are a bit short and Snow White's are a little big, but it usually works. I just sort of ignore the complaining about fit and throw all the socks into one drawer without folding them at all. It's glorious.

When Snow White and Sleeping Beauty were about four and Cinderella's tiny little behind was still wearing size four underwear, I was thrilled to take the laundry conservation concept a bit further. All the same size underwear for all. Even less sorting and folding. Throw all the underwear in the sock drawer. Sure, sometimes the underwear is a little snug on Cinderella and a little baggy on Snow White, but they suffer through. It's certainly not the reason I'm on the top of the meanest mom list for them, and it works great for me. Of course, it makes it so any time there is any underwear on the bathroom floor, the answer from all three is, "It's not mine," and I never know who's lying, because they all wear the same size. Aggravating.

Since one of our grandmas is coming to visit in a few days and we will soon be visiting the other grandma, I decided that there should not be a chance that grandmas should run into some of the girls' ratty and stretched out underwear. It was time to purchase some new ones.

I went all out. I bought three different sizes and styles and you would have thought I bought them a new toy, they were so excited. But, Sleeping Beauty (she's no dummy), she saw right through my evil plan.

"Mom, now you'll be able to know whose underwear is on the bathroom floor. Ah, man!"

I don't make extra laundry work for myself for nothing. I always have a plan.

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I'm glad there were five years between me and my sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Sleeping Beauty may have been the culprit all along!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails