June 11, 2008

Job Fair?

It seems that the concern of rising fuel prices is seeping into the world of make-believe. While working in the kitchen, I overheard the girls and their friends.

Cinderella: Okay, it's time to get paid. Here's your money.

Sleeping Beauty: What? Cinderella, that's not fair! When you asked if I wanted a job, you said it was a real job. I live two hours away from here (hmm, that hallway is getting pretty long) and there is no way I am driving that far to work for 30 minutes. I'll never get paid enough to even buy gas. That's not fair, I want a real job.

Friend: Well...you never really asked about the conditions of your job before you accepted. So... it's fair.

Sleeping Beauty: Fine, I quit!

I guess I am going to have to stop almost fainting every time I spend eighty dollars to fill up the van with gas.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails