August 7, 2008

Little Bridge

When we went to get our shakes yesterday, we stopped at a registered historical bridges in our county. It dates back to before the turn of the century, but was spruced up a bit in 1999. The girls marveled at how something this "ancient" could still be standing, let alone be strong enough to drive a car over. We assured them that it indeed was. I would be lying, though, if I told you my palms weren't sweating as we made our way over the wooden bridge. I mean, really, this thing was made for covered wagons!! It was frightening. It was really neat, though--and made me want to watch Little House on the Prairie. (Pretty much the best show ever made.)

2 comments:

  1. I love covered bridges. You'll have to show that one to us in December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i would have held my breath for sure. but it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails