August 20, 2008

Wisdom Lost

Tomorrow morning, I am going in to have my impacted wisdom teeth removed. I was a little worried that I would be losing any wisdom I had when they were removed. But, apparently, I never had any wisdom in the first place, since they never tried to erupt. According to the all-knowing internet, wisdom teeth are called wisdom teeth for a reason.
  • "They are generally thought to be called wisdom teeth because they appear so late—much later than the other teeth, at an age where people are presumably wiser than as a child, when the other teeth erupt."
So, I am presumably not wiser than a child quite yet. Which, really, is just fine with me. If I just keep thinking like a child, I won't worry about how much this is costing me or who is going to do the dishes, cooking, and cleaning for the couple of days following my surgery. It's better this way.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck. I hope everything goes well. I wish I lived closer so I could take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder your girls think they are smarter that you are so much! ;) Hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking my wisdom teeth actually gave me more wisdom. I saw my loving, caring mother in a new light as she drove me home after surgery. I smelled bad, sounded bad, and was grumpy. She was a saint. I ended up having all my wisdom teeth and two molars pulled at once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8/24/2008

    best wishes. I hate dental work, but seem to have been cursed with a bucketload of it. Accept and ask for as much help as you can get if you don't feel well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails