May 27, 2010

Cleaning Up

In just about one month, it is dance recital time.  The girls are excited.  So am I, really.  I love to watch them get excited about getting up there to show off all of their hard work, and the performances are always great.  The parts I don't get so excited about anymore are dress rehearsal, actually having to PAY to see my child dance, and the "you now owe the dance studio the bargain amount of $93.27 for a costume that your daughter will dance in for ten minutes" letter we get this time of year.

So, anyway, the girls are looking forward to it.  This week, Snow White informed us that they had finished learning their entire dance in ballet.  She said, "It's awesome.  It's totally finished, now all we have to do is some cleaning up with it."

"Some what?  Cleaning up?" asked King.

"Yep," she said.

"Hmmmm," King said.

Snow White rolled her eyes, and then patiently and slowly explained, so that her lame-o father would not miss one thing, "Well, it's like my bedroom.  It's a bedroom.  It's completely finished.  It just needs some cleaning up.  You know, to make it more presentable.  Nicer.  That's like our dance.  It's now a whole entire dance, it just needs some cleaning up to make it nicer.  Better.  Got it?"  With another eye roll, for good measure.

Oh, I love that girl.
 Recital 2005

 Recital 2008

Recital 2009

1 comment:

  1. I love that girl too! She is so funny. I wonder if our princesses practice eye rolling when they are together....they seem to be getting far too good at it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails