May 13, 2010

Nice

This posting once a week is becoming a habit.  Whoops-a-daisy.  Well, maybe I'll do better next week.  In the meantime, how about a Mother's Day story?

I went to the temple with a friend the day before Mother's Day.  While I was gone, the girls planted flowers for me in the pots by our front door.  I love them.  On Mother's Day, the family made me breakfast, we went to church, I napped and napped, and then they made me dinner.  I was spoiled.

On the way home from the temple, I stopped at an outlet mall.  I finally bought a Spring dress.  I had birthday money set aside (from last year) for a dress, and had never found one.  I finally did.  It's cute.  White with brown sort of different sized polk-a-dots, and a light blue over-sweater thing and piping accents .  (I'm sure you have a great picture in your head from that lovely description.)  And, it fits, which doesn't usually happen with a dress and me.

So, I got dressed in my new dress Mother's Day morning, for church.  The girls all liked it, and said they thought it looked nice, which could have been a Mother's Day present, but I don't think so.  They're not that smart. :) And then Snow White comes into my room as I am putting on my shoes, and she says, "Mom, it's too bad those spots are not black instead of brown."

"Oh," I say, "I kind of like the brown and blue together.  You'd like black instead, huh?"

"Well, then you would look exactly like Cruella de Vil..."


And when I looked at her like she might be out of her mind, she added,

..."but nicer?"

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails