May 19, 2010

Just Stuff

I think I lack the energy and health to formulate a full post.  You know: beginning, middle, end.  So, here are at least some beginning thoughts.  You can fill in the middle and end.
  • Last night was Cinderella's choir concert.  They did a great job.  All Disney songs.  Very cute.  There is nothing that bothers me more (okay, there probably are lots of things, but still...) than little girls that sing songs that are too old for them.  A 7-year-old pining for the love of her life?  Come on.  This concert was great.  But, I have no little video icon on my blog publisher--and haven't for months--so I can't even post a snippet for the Grandmas.
  • I really like Food Network.  But, it makes me hungry at night.  King thinks he might be gaining calories by osmosis when he watches after 9 p.m..  If we do, it's worth it.  
  • I got a new phone with a new plan that includes text.  Already I've "spoken" with my brothers more in the past couple of weeks than I had for the months before.  So, definitely worth it.
  • I've decided I really love Stake Conference.  We had ours last weekend, and it was great.  For one, now that King is in the bishopric, it was the last time we will sit together as a family for who knows how long.  That was nice.  The girls so love cuddling with Daddy.  Also, the adult session was super.  Lots of good stuff to think about and goals to make.  We can always do way better than we are doing.  And, turns out those ear plugs are fantastic at church when you feel particularly miserable.
  • Speaking of miserable, I go to see my headache doctor today.  He will start me on one of the medications that docs at the Mayo Clinic suggested.  Since I really thought I might die last time I took a medication in the same "family", you can imagine how I look forward to the next few days.  Pray that I will live.  For real.
  • SB and SW are going on an all-school end-of-year field trip tomorrow, and their excitement is palpable.  I don't blame them--pizza buffet, bowling, arcade games, go-karts, friends, fun.  I'm excited for them, and even more excited that I don't have to go. :) 
And with those random, inconsequential thoughts, I head to the shower and get on with my day.  One more thing--I read this thought in my study recently, and I love it, don't you? 
"We can't predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come."
L. Tom Perry, "Let Him Do It with Simplicity," Ensign, Nov. 2008, 7

6 comments:

  1. I know you're hundreds of miles away, but if you and your girls want to keep me and my boys company during Sacrament meeting, you are more than welcome. :)

    Good luck with your new round of medication. I hope you find something that works soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind little snippets one little bit! And I LOVE that quote. Thank you so much for sharing it. It was exactly what I needed to read this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sometimes I find it hard to find 'appropriate' music for me to listen to
    *I love Ace of Cakes
    * I text more with one of my kids than I ever talk to her on the phone
    *I also love stake conference. I didn't know about the bishopric thing! How wonderful for you. The blessings will flow for his service. And no more long drives for high council!
    * I will pray that you live and that the medicine gives you some relief
    *I hope your girls had a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love texting. I rarely use it, but it's so nice to get a message from someone that you don't have to answer or reply to right at that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes - bishopric? He is perfect for that calling, and so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the adult session of Stake Conference too. It's always SO much better than the general session.

    Good luck with the new meds. If it does knock you out, I hope it's at least in an enjoyable not-near-death kind of way.

    Someday soon, I'll jump on the text bandwagon. I know if I ever get a ward YW calling, it will be a necessity.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails