May 6, 2010

With A Vengeance

This week has been a busy one.  So, I have either spent a lot of time in bed conserving energy, spent time running around doing various activities, or spent a lot of time in bed because I've done too much running around.  Blogging is not in this equation.  However, I did formulate a lot of fabulous posts as I was lying in bed.  But, I can't remember a single one of them.  (That's a lie.  I do remember one.  But, since it was one of those ranting, fuming, complaining posts, I will choose to leave it in my head.)

So, good news.  I heard on the radio the other morning that scientists have figured out that it is no longer the "terrible twos" that give parents the most trouble.  Nope.  Studies show that it is the fourteen-year-old girl that parents have the most difficult time with.  Because, they say, those "terrible two" symptoms of stubbornness, independence, and moodiness come back with a "hormonal vengeance".  They really said that--"hormonal vengeance".  Nice.  This is all super great for me, because within six months, I'll have one fourteen-year-old, and then two more shortly after that.  Isn't that fun?  I need some more gray hair, so this should work out swimmingly.

There is just one thing I am questioning about their study:  Are they sure it was fourteen and not thirteen?  Oh, how I hope they mean thirteen.  I think I have had about as much hormonal vengeance as I can handle.    

4 comments:

  1. We'll get to compare the terrible twos and feisty fourteens at the same time at our house while you do two fourteen year olds.....I guess we can compare notes and see if the study is accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've been worried about this. A terrible premonition that this is only a sign of what's to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These posts make me very nervous for what will visit our house in several years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't envy you!

    Hey, I read the post about the earplugs, are you still using them? If you are finding they really make a significant difference, it would be possible for an audiologist to make custom fit earplugs that would just attenuate the volume, but hopefully you'd still be able to understand what is being said. If the university where the King works has as speech pathology/audiology program, that would be a good place to ask.

    Love you!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails