March 25, 2009

Good News

Yesterday, my dad had surgery for Thyroid Cancer for the second time in four months. We were worried that the cancer had spread to his vocal chords and trachea, and that he would lose his ability to speak. To say he was not excited and really nervous is sort of the understatement of the year. We all were dreading the day, as well as wishing it were here so we could just get it over with.

The surgery went very well and his voice was spared. I just received word that his doctor declared his condition this morning "a miracle" and he is being released from the hospital. Wahoooo! What a blessing that prayers are answered and miracles do happen. Heavenly Father is in charge and He answers our prayers with blessings unimaginable. Thanks to all of you that knew about Dad and added your prayers to mine. What a great day.

And just when I thought the day couldn't go any better, check out the other good news:
  • It's Spring Break, and the girls have been playing nicely and quietly for three hours,so I had a little nap.
  • My van is finally vacuumed and the garage is swept.
  • I have a yummy coffee cake in the oven for lunch. (Again with the food, I know, I can't stop. I thought I'd go ahead and show Snow White what comfort food really is.)
  • I actually have an idea for dinner tonight and a tiny bit of energy left to make it. (I know it doesn't seem like it, but this is a BIG deal.)
  • No one whined about clothes this morning. Except for King, and that was only because he wasn't sure his tie matched his pants. And the girls said it did, so then he was good.
  • The twins were invited to a friend's house to play for SIX HOURS tomorrow. Yippee!!!
What good news do you have at your house today?

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for good news! The good news at our house today is that we're now 75% sure we're having another boy -- and 100% happy about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My good news is that I found Spring here at my parents' house. We got a phone call about your dad late last night, and we were so relieved and grateful to know that all went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/25/2009

    Planning dinner was always worse than making it. When I had children at home I thought all the way to work what I would fix for dinner.
    The good news at our house is that your dad was able to go home, Dave is at a fireside getting ready for his third pioneer trek, and I have a quiet house in which to work, which, as you can tell by the post, I am feverishly doing.
    Oh, we also planted our peas and potatoes last week, and it is snowing and raining to water them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our good news is that LIttle Sal went potty in the potty two nights in a row! Thanks for your advice and encouragement in that arena. I appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear about Doug. Prayers are definitely heard!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails