October 6, 2008

Fall Festival

Saturday night, it was the Fall Festival at the twins' elementary school. Because Cinderella is an alumni of said school, she thought it would be kind of fun to go there on her birthday night. She planned to show off her newly pierced ears to her teachers, and maybe indulge in a fall treat or juvenile game or two.

On the way home, we discussed what fun we'd had. I had only seen Cinderella (from my "job" post at the cafeteria cash register) for a brief moment--at the cake walk. The other girls never made it to the cafeteria. They were all busy playing games and socializing with friends. Out of the blue, Cinderella asked what time it was.

"It's 7:47," I replied.

"Wow, I am officially twelve years old then. I have been for about a half hour."

"Yep, it was probably right when I saw you at the cake walk that you turned twelve. You're official," I said.

"You are getting so big. You must feel older and so mature," commented King.

"Yeah, I got bored with the cake walk, right in the middle of it," Cinderella said, with an air of listlessness.

She's too funny!

3 comments:

  1. (smile) She seems like a good kid. I hope mine make me smile when they're 12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! She's fabulous. I can't believe she's 12 already! (Also, she and my brother share a birthday...only 11 years apart. It's a good day.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so hilarious. Well, we know where she gets her wit! I can totally hear her dad saying something like that. She is great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails