October 30, 2008

I Think I Might Be Famous

My cousin, Stephanie, over at Diapers and Divinity, has kindly awarded me with a blog award. Steph and I didn't grow up living close together, but we did see each other every summer or so and hung out. And while I'd say we've always liked each other, we don't really know each other all that well. However, since she began her blog, I am convinced that we should have been twins. Or at least BFF's. We have the same laundry disease, she thinks like I do, she has piles like me, and she's been known to do really stupid things like me. Maybe we were actually separated at birth. You never know.

So, with this evidence, we see that she is about as qualified as I am to be a blog judge . Which isn't saying much. I, however, am running with it. If she'd like to give me an award, I will humbly and graciously accept! I am sure this award will make me famous and popular, and incredibly rich. I will have autographed photos ready to order by Christmas. (Just leave a comment with how many you'd like to order.) ;) I'll be starting a book next week, and hope to have it done by next Christmas. I am sure I will have to start homeschooling the girls soon--ugh, this part of being famous makes me tired. But, it will be worth it, because we will meet so many interesting and wonderful people as we tour the world for speaking engagements and seminars, that any lack in my teaching ability will be more than made up. And, I think Steph and I will be starting our own blog award soon, "This Blog is Better Than a Nap" that is sure to become the most sought after award on the blogosphere. (This was her idea, but, of course, I think it's fabulous. I told you she was smart like me.)

In all seriousness, I am flattered that Stephanie would pick my blog as one she likes, since I think she is a great writer and I enjoy her blog so much. And now, with all of my shortcomings, I am allowed to pass this award on to two blogs that I believe are excellent. And, they really are. Despite my reading them.

I would like to award Miss Lindsay over at Adventures with Lindsay, and my sister, Scrap Chair Potato, at My Three Amigos (as has been said before, nepotism doesn't exist in bloggy awards.) The first, because I am always happy to read what Lindsay writes. Whether it's about her adorable little guy, Garrett, or her new favorite recipe, I always know it will be well written and fulfilling. And, the second, because, while Scrappy's also a good writer, I like her blog a lot because of the great photographs, (which would be great even if they didn't have my cute nephews in most of them, she's just a good photographer like that) and for the way she usually keeps mommy things positive and not at all sarcastic (which, I don't even have to tell you, is sort of the opposite of what I manage here. :)) So, really, check out these two blogs and you won't be disappointed. Happy Excellent Blog Day to Lindsay and Scrappy!

(I probably should have said Mrs. Lindsay and Mrs. Scrap Chair Potato, because they both are married. Sorry. Also, I was going to mention that Stephanie is giving away a great book on her blog, if you want to check it out...)


6 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that you and Stephanie share the same sarcasm. I like both of your blogs for that reason. It helps me remember the humor in the craziness of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm totally flattered! Thanks for the award! I'll get to formally acknowledging it and passing it along soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take three photos, please. And we SHOULD do that award, but let's wait till all this fame settles down a little bit. Thanks for the kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all. I do enjoy your blogs so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, darn, I forgot something. I'd like seven pictures. One each for the Queen Mother and her husband, and one for each of your younger siblings. Great, that takes care of my Christams shopping. Whew! Thanks SO much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! I can't wait for my Christmas present. I'm sure glad I don't have to ask you for an autographed photo. I would hate to bother you for one this busy time of year. I will just wait to open mine on Christmas morning. Thanks Gma Dibb!

    I am finally paying the award forward. I hope it's okay that I only give one out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails