October 20, 2008

Party Girl

I have been a party girl the last couple of weeks! Too much fun in too little time. Thanks to a busy life mixed with a moody computer, we'll play catch up for a while. Today we will start with Cinderella's birthday party.
(For more group pictures and video of the party, check our Chaos blog.)
We had a great time rocking and limboing to Hawaiian music and the Beach Boys. We greeted girls at the door with leis and everyone made flowers for their hair so we could get in to the tropical mood. Luckily, it was gorgeous weather, so we didn't have to pretend too much. Also, luckily, it was gorgeous weather, so the giggling could go outside quite a bit. Daddy was especially grateful for this. :)After decking ourselves out in fake tropical flowers, we headed outside for a hog roast feast. The pig was in the form of hot dogs--and it wasn't really a roast because our BBQ ran out of gas as King put the "meat" on. No one (except me) complained about the boiled hot dogs, though. The fruit kabobs were definitely the favorite part of the meal. That, and the "dinner conversation" of boys and other truth-or-dare topics, such as favorite teachers that live next door and kissing the driveway. (I don't get it either.)The highlight of the night was watching all twelve girls try their hand at opening the "cutest pinata in the world." It may have been the cutest, but it was also the trickiest. In the end, Cinderella ended up breaking it apart with her hands to get to the goodies. Then it was time for cake and presents. The girls liked the cake, but thought the paper products were "soooo cute." It's true, they were. Cinderella was in heaven with fifteen new pairs of earrings for her new pierced ears, as well as lots of other fabulous things. Then we introduced all of the girls to "Gilligan's Island". They loved it, and I loved watching them all enjoy the crazy characters I grew up with. It was a fun party, but I have to be honest and say that I was glad when it was over. Twelve giggling girls sure have a lot of energy! I think King felt a little bit overwhelmed with all of the girls. Poor guy. I love the way he marked his cup. :)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great party. I love the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WAY! that is the cutest party ever.

    I love that pinata! I love the paper goods! I love the cake!

    you clever girl, you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute, very fun, and so appropriately not way over the top like most parties today. Great job, and she looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cake too!
    It looks like fun. She is a lucky princess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT theme for a party, and perfect for 12 year old girls. I am sure "The Man" was pretty overwhelmed, but it sounds like he did a great job of hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails