December 1, 2008

Blessings

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend, and hope you did, too. We feasted with friends, I got out shopping, and on Saturday, King and I spent the day with Cinderella and ten other youth in our ward at the temple. It was great to be there and was a fabulous way to spend a Saturday. While we were there, I kept thinking of this quote I read recently :
“When you come to the temple you will love your family with a deeper love than you have ever felt before. The temple is about families. As my wife, Karen, and I have increased our temple service, our love for each other and for our children has increased. And it doesn’t stop there. It extends to parents, brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, forebears, and especially our grandchildren! This is the Spirit of Elijah, which is the spirit of family history work; and when inspired by the Holy Ghost, it prompts the turning of the hearts of the fathers to the children and the hearts of the children to the fathers. Because of the priesthood, husbands and wives are sealed together, children are sealed to their parents for eternity so the family is eternal and will not be separated at death.”

Richard H. Winkel, “The Temple Is about Families,” Ensign, Nov. 2006, 9

There really is no other place on earth where I feel a deeper love for my family and feel God's love stronger. I love attending the temple and am grateful to friends who helped us out so we could go.

Speaking of those friends, they shared a story with us when we returned home to pick up Snow White and Sleeping Beauty who stayed with them for the day.

During dinner, Sleeping Beauty commented on how great the meatballs were. Snow White agreed, and added something like, "Sometimes the meatballs my mom makes are kind of gross."

K replied, "Well, these are the same thing, it's your mom's recipe."

"Oh."

I guess K's blessed with extra meatball ability, or something. Maybe if I start calling them K's Meatballs when I make them, they'll have that added measure of something special and the kids will eat them without complaining. Or maybe not. It's worth a try, though.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Love the meatball story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to be able to have Cinderella in the temple with you. Just a glimpse of wonderful times to come. It IS all about family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. temple part, warm fuzzy. meatball part, hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails