December 19, 2008

Oooooh,oh,oh

We've been counting down the days, and now we're counting down the hours, until my parents arrive to spend Christmas with us. We've been planning menus and activities, doing crafts and cleaning. The twins thought it would be great to make Grandma and Grandpa their own stockings with initials, so they got to work. Cinderella let them do the creating while she e-mailed Grandma and Grandpa to tell them 'don't forget to forget your stockings.' I mean, why would they want their own stockings when they can use these beauties?
(I just love how hard Snow White is concentrating with her tongue hanging out.) Yesterday, King helped the girls clean up their rooms. I'm glad he helped; Cinderella needed serious help and possibly a backhoe. She has been saving things (like empty cereal boxes, shoe boxes, and candy wrappers) under her bed 'just in case she needs them for school or playing, or something' for months. I am afraid that this humongous bag of trash is only part of the evidence. SW and SB were much more efficient. Of course, their tendency toward "pack-rat" is much less severe. They blasted Daddy's 80's music, got to work, and were done in minutes. Now, their room is beautiful and the only thing I had to do was smile at their success. That and listen to them belt out these lyrics for the past two days:

"I was working as a waitress in a cocktailbar, that much is true....
Don't you want me, Baby? Don't you want me? Oooooh,oh,oh."

Totally worth it, don't you think? Grandma and Grandpa will love to hear them sing.

1 comment:

  1. so excited for you. Tell your parents hello. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails