May 15, 2009

Angels Among Us

I've been a little slow with the blogging this week. It's been a busy week, and not my best as far as the migraines go, either. I've also been feeling a bit serious, maybe a little melancholy. We have a friend who just found out he has brain cancer. Scary. And humbling. It sort of makes your life seem small and a little insignificant when you realize that God is in charge and you never really know what your next challenge will be. But, as insignificant as we seem to ourselves, the reality is that Heavenly Father knows us each personally, and loves us for who we are. He knows the challenges we will face and is ready to face them with us. He'll be there, and He'll send people to be there also.

"...for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

And, really, it's true that whatever trials we face, God knows that we can handle it. I don't know that I always think that having daily migraines is a trial, but I do know that sometimes it feels like one. But, you know, we've had people there for our family all along the way. Doing things that mean a lot no matter how small they seemed to the giver. Sometimes being a friend is the best, and only, thing that is helpful. I'm grateful for friends that God has put in my life, and in the lives of my sweet girls. Watching them face their fears and turn to Christ in their dark hours helps me know that I can do the same. We all can. It's the way it's supposed to work. And it's wonderful. (Tune in next week to hear about the field trip that lasted forever, the birthday wish that almost came true, and the ballet plates of torture...)

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said. I have felt much the same this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a 'trailor' for your next blog- genius!
    I'm sorry you have to deal with those icky migranes. When ever I get a head ache I think of you and suck it up:-) I guess there's always someone having a worse time of it out there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails