May 28, 2009

Really? Seriously?!

Today I spent a good amount of my morning on the phone with the Billing Department at my Dr.'s office, where I am sure that they employ only those individuals that did not graduate from 8th grade. That, or they are all aliens who have not quite grasped the concept of our English language. I'm hoping for the alien thing.

Me: (after ten minutes of stating and restating the obvious and not so obvious, I sum up)....So, I'd like you to resubmit that claim to my insurance company.

Her: But, your insurance won't cover two mammograms in one year.

Me: I just told you that I called my insurance and they will pay for it if you resubmit my claim with the records that show I do not and did not ever have a lump in my breast. It was a follow-up routine mammogram.

Her: Well, have you ever had a lump?

Me: No. Never. I actually just said that.

Her: Really? Hmmm. But, your insurance won't pay for two mammograms.

Me: Normally they wouldn't, except in this case this is my first one, and the Dr. needed clear baseline pictures. We talked about that and my insurance said they wanted you to resubmit the claim.

Her: Just resubmit it?

Me: Yes. With my records from my appointment with the doctor that day.

Her: Oh. Well, we usually don't do that, because they won't pay it anyway. Did you have a lump?

Seriously? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! And she's the fourth person I rehashed the story with.

I really would rather have a mammogram than talk with any of them again. Really, truly. And you could even add in a Pap Smear. Sign me up (but, please, not until next year...)

8 comments:

  1. I swear that doctors offices employ uneducated people to run their front offices so that you will just front the bill. It would be so much easier than trying to make them understand what so obviously needs done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise5/28/2009

    Doesn't it make you wish you could reach through the phone and slap her? Honestly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should make a poster of what she needs to do step-by-step and go hang it in her office. Maybe that would help... but sometimes I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really? A pap smear? What about a root canal? or child birth? I'm just trying to find the scale to measure this by;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like some recent conversations I've had with our insurance company. Bah. So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. on the 3rd time I would have said "YES THERE IS A LUMP" just to see if she was listening.

    so fun dealing with such smart/on-top-of-the-ball people!!! HUH???

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you get the feeling that they weren't listening to you AT ALL? ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails