May 7, 2009

Magnetic Fun

Last week, the girls and I went with our Activity Days group to a "paint your own pottery" store. They loved the opportunity to create and I loved watching them have fun creating and interacting with their friends.Sleeping Beauty chose a square magnet that she put an "M" on. Snow White, always thinking of others, chose a baby bottle magnet to make in honor of her first girl cousin to be born on my side in ten years. It's an event to be honored, in her mind, and what better way than making a cute magnet? (I'm sure that my brother and his wife never read this blog, or I would have kept it a secret. Snow White can't wait to present the magnet to new baby girl.)

And the amazing results? Drum roll, please.......

I think it's funny that from a wide variety, they chose their colors completely on their own, separate from each other, but they chose pretty much the same ones. They were so proud of their finished products, and amazed how different they were once they were fired. I'm thinking we will have to head there again to do some more creating. Such fun!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/08/2009

    What a neat activity! Very cute and very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those places are so neat and you get such wonderful keepsakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that make-your-own-pottery place. I have a piggy bank from there that someone gifted us for Little Sal when he was "baby" Sal. It's awesome! How fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails