May 5, 2009

Clarified

I'm always thinking of new ways to torture my girls. My best ideas, the ones that get the biggest reaction, are making them shower and making them brush their teeth. Those two unreasonable requests barely hedge out wearing clean clothes to school and brushing hair before you leave the house. I know, I have no compassion.

Saturday, I decided to push my luck just a bit more, and decided to do a clarifying treatment on everyone's hair. The only willing participant was Cinderella. After all, she had been convinced by an actual expert that doing this was a great idea. Despite the weeping and wailing, we had great results. Soft, shiny, incredibly clean hair and grouchy, picked on girls. Yes! (Imagine me doing a tremendous fist pump in the air.)

This is what we did:
+Mix one package of Kool-Aid Lemonade with a big squirt of Clarifying Shampoo.
+Put this mixture in your hair, and let sit for twenty to thirty minutes.
+It's best if you wrap your head in a plastic grocery bag to prevent dripping, like so:+Rinse out the Kool-Aid mixture.
+Put a good heavy duty conditioner on your hair, and let sit for ten to twenty minutes.
+Wrap your head again.
+Rinse the conditioner out of your hair.

If you have a few girls in your house, I would wear gloves (the lemonade stripped the moisture out of my hands) and a sturdy pair of earplugs. It was wonderful, for at least one day, for all of us to have clean, soft, and shiny hair. The girls then resumed washing their own hair, which leads to varied results. It really depends on whether they run out of hot water while dancing and singing in the shower before they rinse, or not. Or if they even remember to shampoo.

2 comments:

  1. snow white's expression is priceless. absolutely.

    I might just try this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Amy. Snow White made me laugh out loud. You are truly a ruthless Queen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails