May 30, 2009

Whistle While You Work

What did you do Saturday? This is what we did:




Needless to say, I was a lot happier than the girls were that I didn't have a bad headache all day and spent no time in my bed! It wasn't all work and no play, though. We also went to lunch, and half of us biked there. The girls didn't have the stamina to make it back home on their bikes, so I had mercy on them and gave them a ride home.

Of course, then they had to go grocery shopping with me which was almost as bad to them as the aforementioned chores. However, this did provide them opportunity to whine in public for pudding, cookies, fruit snacks, ice cream and cheesecake. Which made them lose the computer time they had earned doing chores. Yes, their lives are rough. I know it's no way to treat a Princess, but I'm pretty sure it beats leaving them homeless on the doorstep of the grocery store.

6 comments:

  1. Did you make them scrub the whole house? ;) What a great feeling it must be to have the yard and house spruced up for the summer. Maybe we can put the princesses to work here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound like fantastic workers to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what troopers. If you decide to ship them off somewhere, I'll take all 3 any time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love PDW, public displays of whinyness. Those are the moments when I start reconsidering my choice to be a mother versus a fishing boat cook in Alaska, really I am sure that it would be less painful some days to listen to grumpy men. On a completely unrelated note I would love to get your opinion on a fellow blogger friends post, if you have time follow this link and leave a comment. We need a fresh perspective (and it is a pay it forward contest so you might get a prize).
    http://readaton.blogspot.com/
    You always have great insight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6/01/2009

    Tyler will not let me use our electric hedge trimmer since I trimmed through the power cord the last time I used it. I bet your girls would be fighting over who got to clean the house if you had a pressure washer. Those things are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim,
    Funny you should say that...
    Minutes after I took this picture, Snow White sawed through the power cord. It scared her so bad, I don't think she'll use the trimmers again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails