March 3, 2010

Mistakes Last Forever Sometimes

 *Did I say that my next posts would be informative?  Have you read this blog long?  If not, I really hope you didn't believe me.  My posts are rarely informative.  Sarcastic, snarky, random, ironic, whiny, rambling, babbling--sure, but not really informative.  So, now that we've got that out of the way, let's carry on, shall we?*

King made a grave mistake last month.  He was being helpful, and probably doing the right thing when it comes to parenting and husbandly duties, but he will regret it for many, many years.  I don't think he thought before he acted, and he certainly didn't take into account the ramifications.  I'd feel sorry for him if I weren't so thrilled.

King helped the girls with their science fair projects this year.  Up until this year, I have taken the role of "parent helper" when it came to this science project thing. Sure, they do the real work.  But, I take pictures, help come up with ideas, charts, tables, displays, and am chief editor when it comes to the reports.  But, not this year.  King took over, and while it was mostly necessary because of my chronic pain and I don't like when my condition takes parts of life from me, I will say that this was one thing I was a bit relieved to miss this year.

So, why was it a mistake for King?  This year, for the first time, all three girls received 1st place ribbons at Science Fair.  And Snow White won the school Science Fair, sending her to the Regionals.  So, you see the problem for him?  It would not be practical to go back to our normal plan of having Mom- the 'blundering science fool', helping when we could have Dad- the 'King of science and all things experimental' helping out. Poor guy.

And, lucky me.  I cannot accurately express to you how much I dislike the whole Science Fair Project thing.  Just knowing that next time it rolls around the girls will want Dad and not Mom to help puts a little spring in my step. Joy in my heart.  Sunshine on my shoulder.  Who says the best things in life aren't free?  :)

7 comments:

  1. That is completely awesome (for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in charge of putting together the judging packets and I saw their names on the participants list. Good Job for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise3/03/2010

    Lucky you! Science fairs were the least favorite part of school for me, followed by county, state and country reports. I still remember your mom's science fair project of injecting ammonia (I think it was) into plants to see how it affected the plant. She smelled the ammonia (not the common grocery kind, but one from the drug store) and tears welled up in her eyes. She suffered for a while for that mistake. My science fair projects were nothing to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great! um.... does he hire out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for you. I have many years before the science fair and I already dread it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! He sure didn't get it from me. So proud of the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Way to go King!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails