March 7, 2010

Serving Time

We have a little rule in our family, when it comes to being on time for church.  If you make us late, you get time out.  For every one minute your actions or negligence cause us to be late, you receive ten minutes of quiet time out on Sunday afternoon.  It works pretty well, and we've had the rule for ages. 

This morning, I earned 120 minutes of time out.  (Apparently, I should take sleeping pills (1/2 of one) before 10:00 p.m., or I can't wake up.)  I've served some of my time out, and am heading back to bed shortly, so I should take care of it. 

Others in the household had a harder time serving their required time.  Like the one who got 300 hours.  Luckily, King took pity on her, and let her count 1 minute of piano practice for two minutes of time out.  But, she couldn't stand playing piano that long, and is bothered we're actually making her sit around for so long--without a book.  Sad. 

I would actually take her time out minutes from her, (if I could be guaranteed no interruptions--true time out) if I weren't so bugged at her.  But, I'd like to see her suffer today. 

I guess I need more time out for having a bad, unforgiving attitude.  Darn.  I think I'll get right to that...

5 comments:

  1. Your story reminds me of a delightful commercial I once saw. A mother had worked all day cleaning and scrubbing the house, in particular, the kitchen floor. Dad knew she was tired and had worked hard. When they sat down for dinner, the children were causing all sorts of mischief and spilling things. He declared "The next one to spill goes to time to his room". Mom looked at him, put her glass of milk away from the table and spilled it on the floor, got up, and left the table. I laugh when I think of that commercial. I hope you enjoyed your time out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can I have some of her time out, PLEEEEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE!!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the things a mother would do for her children, if she could ;) What lucky girls you have. Enjoy your time out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a minute, adults can get time out? How is that punishment, it sounds like a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love time out. i should definintly start using it more often.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails