March 8, 2010

No One...da da da da...

Cinderella is rehearsing for the middle school's Spring Musical.  Somehow, I got roped into helping make costumes for it.  (And so did two of my friends!)  Eight French Peasant hats, three candle costumes, and gloves and footwear for the Beast.  Not to mention somehow figuring out how to turn a hoop skirt into a teapot costume--that we tackle tomorrow night at dress rehearsal.  Fun stuff.  

Yep, you guessed it, Beauty and the Beast.  Cinderella is a Villager with a singing solo--the Milkmaid.  She sings, "Bonjour, Bonjour, How is your wife?" (Only she says 'life' instead of 'wife' because there are only five boys in the play--Beast, Gaston, Gaston's sidekick, Belle's Father, and Lumiere, so she's singing to a girl...anyway...)  And she sings another part, "These grapes look good," or something.  She is also a plate in the castle, and is pretty excited.

And, can I just say, Beauty and the Beast songs are so much better stuck in your head than Annie ones.  Although, why must it be a song I don't know the words to?

"No one fights like Gaston,
No one...(blanks)...like Gaston,
No one's hair is incredibly thick as Gaston's,
No one..la da da da da da...manly. 
Um...da..la..da da da da da dunly..
"Every last inch of me's covered with hair."
No one da da da da, no one la da da da...
All day long I am singing it.  I even sat sewing at the school today while I listened to the song, and I still got nothin'.  It's driving me crazy. 

The kids are doing a great job, though.  They know the song.  The play is a huge undertaking for a middle school choir, but I think they'll pull it off.  (7:00 Friday and Saturday and her school--and at just $5 adult/$3 kids, it's a pretty good deal for a date/family night!)  And the set looks awesome.  (Speaking of manly, my manly hubby helped build it.)  We're anxious for all of the kids to show off their hard work and just be done with it already.  Bring on the weekend.  Soon, please!

4 comments:

  1. Denise3/09/2010

    WE'll all be watching for some video of the production.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Gaston character always makes me think of Greg. I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait till my kids go to school and start participating in a bunch of school stuff.
    Well, maybe I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my world. Just imagine having the songs of High School Musical running through your head for 7 weeks! I'll take Rodgers and Hammerstein or almost any other Disney any time. Hope it was a great show!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails