March 18, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

So....where have I been?!  I can't believe it's been a week.  Long story made short:  my sister decided to come visit with her four kids, my mother-in-law is coming, and then I'm going on a short trip I'm preparing for--story about that soon.  Busy, busy. 

So, for St. Patty's Day we decided to do something super delicious and frightfully appetizing, and colored the dough for Pigs in a Blanket green.  King said he didn't think you could make those things less appealing.  The kids loved them, though, and then my sister and I snuck out of the house for a real St. Patrick's Day treat, a mint Oreo shake from Dairy Queen.  Yum-o.

About this St. Patrick's Day thing--why did I bother to change clothes after I was already dressed in something I realized was not green?  Who's going to pinch me?  Just King, and he doesn't care what I'm wearing--he pinches my bum all the time.  Am I a Scrooge, or what?  

Okay, I'm off to make cute baby hairbows and install hardware on my kitchen cabinets.  I love projects when visitors come.  (Especially when they do most of the work.) ;) 

Coming soon--videos of Beauty and the Beast, the Spring Choir Concerts, and the low-down on the next treatment plans for my stupid head.  (And by stupid head, I mean my unrelenting hurting head, not the kind of stupid head I am when I ask the girls to brush their teeth AND their hair in the same hour.  Horrid.)

3 comments:

  1. Relish the family visits; it's so sad when they leave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you could have some visitors. I am thinking of you. Talked to Kristi's brother yesterday. Good luck with everything.
    Angela
    Congrats on the Science fair. that is fabulous.
    I updated my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/22/2010

    Susan is trying to learn to make bows and flower hair clips for one of her goals, then teach others. Do you have pictures of ones you have made or ideas where to go to learn how to make them. I have seen a few of Buttercups and have loved them. Did you make them? Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails