January 17, 2009

Puzzlement

It puzzles me that the girls are shocked when I tell them they must vacuum their bedroom before their friend comes over on Saturday, since this is their chore every Saturday morning. Hello? Where have you been the last five years of your lives?

This morning, Sleeping Beauty was also indignant when I reminded them they needed to shower. "What? You didn't tell us that!"

"Yes, she did," said Snow White, "Last night she told us, remember?"

"Well, maybe you told her, but you didn't tell me!" SB said.

"She's telling you now," explained King, "It does not matter if you think she told you before, or not. You're showering."

"But, it's not enough notice!" she protested.

What? Now there must be notice given before a request to comply with the kindgdom's cleanliness standards? I swear, I don't know where she's been the last few years, but I'm starting to think that maybe there is a dementia problem, or perhaps some alien involvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails