January 29, 2009

Warnings in Order

Some commercials should come with warnings. I'm not talking about Victoria's Secret commercials. Obviously that goes without saying. I'm talking about that horrid one that advertises Bisquick Shake and Pour Pancakes. One minute I'm calmly watching Ina Garten cooking a lemon cake and thinking that I'd like to be the new friend she was having over to taste that "bright" and "rich" lemony goodness, and the next minute, the screen is shaking up and down, and I'm in danger of losing my lunch. Seriously. They should warn people about that. Also, watching anything on nighttime Food Network, commercial or otherwise, is dangerous for your health. Especially if you had graham crackers for dinner. You would not believe how good the food looks. Except for those stupid Shake and Pour Pancakes.

2 comments:

  1. how dumb are their programmers to air a commercial for bisquick pancakes during barefoot contessa? there is no way that bisquick can compete with her deliciousness. i haven't seen the commercial (hurrah for tivo) but it sounds dreadful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a commercial online today that I hope no children see. It was a PETA add, supposedly about the benefits of eating vegetables and not meat. Well, it was so sexual in nature I was uncomfortable watching it. Good luck to you parents of young children.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails