June 1, 2009

Benefactor of the Retractor

Dear Pediatric Dentist,

It was a pleasure to see you today. It is with regret that I announce to you that I will not be paying you exorbitant amounts of money to pull a tooth of Cinderella's again. With today's extractions, we end our career of paying for your summer cottage with each stubborn tooth's extraction. She no longer has any baby teeth! And, because of you, she'll only have braces for three years instead of for eternity (although it feels like eternity for her!) Thanks to you, her permanent teeth grew only halfway instead of all the way behind, in front of, or beside her baby teeth. We're confident the whole middle school/braces/awkward phase would be a lot worse had she had a set of stubbornly set baby teeth and her permanent teeth to contend with. Nobody likes a shark mouth. Yikes!

We'll miss visiting you each time she needs a tooth pulled. However, we are sure that with the pile of fruit snack and granola bar wrappers I found stuffed under her bed this afternoon that we will be seeing you very soon to fill cavities. You may not want to put the cottage up for sale quite yet. Although, since I did spend a small fortune on new-fangled braces floss and tiny bracket cleaners there is a chance those cavities will be avoided. Just in case that does happen, you may want to recruit another patient or two with stubborn baby teeth and a penchant for late night snack sneaking.

Best Regards,
The Queen @ Terrors in Tiaras

4 comments:

  1. ouch, ouch, ouch. Unfortunately, I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on our way to the Pediatric dentist. One more summer cottage mortgage payment made today. (We might even help with the Jaguar payment, too. We will be paying for general anesthesia as well.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the story of my life. Or was, anyway. Because my permanent teeth grew in in slightly different spots than my baby teeth, my baby teeth never wiggled themselves out (except once -- the only time a tooth of mine fell out of its own accord). The rest were extracted by the dentist, or stubbornly (and painfully) twisted and yanked out by my dad. I'm so glad those days are over. I'm sure Cinderella is glad, too. Braces weren't fun, but they were a cakewalk after all the prep that had to go into my mouth before I could even get them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owww... dental appointments hurt don't they? I'm glad to hear she's done with the extractions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails