June 7, 2009

Visiting Hours

For our first weekend of summer, we got visitors: my friend K, and her two girls, S, 6, and K, 2. They are adorable girls. My girls are completely enamored, wishing they had real little sisters!

When they arrived, poor S was coughing and feeling lousy because of allergies from dogs that were in the house they were staying in before us. We went to get ice cream-- she didn't want any, she just wanted a nap. We took her to the urgent care, and they sent her to the hospital. She'll be there a couple of days, which may require a change in flight plans and a much different night out than K and I planned. Somehow oxygen and breathing treatments are not as fun as dinner and a movie. Poor S--she's such a trooper and pleasant as can be. I'm pretty sure it will be a while before they want to come visit us again!

2 comments:

  1. Denise6/07/2009

    I can think of an 8 year old and a three year old that would follow your girls around for a while when you arrive in Utah. Maybe that will make this up to them. Hope S is ok quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds awful. I'm sending a prayer your way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails