June 28, 2009

Alike

Cinderella has heard a lot of "Boy, you look just like your mom!" in the last couple of weeks. It happens every time we visit extended family and attend reunions. Yesterday, we attended a reunion for King's mother's family. It was a lovely park, and the weather was beautiful. Cinderella heard about how much she looks like me more than once.

Today, after church, we were discussing this phenomenon. Cinderella was desperately trying to find things about herself that did not look like me, while the other two girls were trying to prove they belonged to me.

"I think when I smile, I look more like Dad," said Cinderella.

"I have your eyes, Mom, don't I?" asked Sleeping Beauty.

"I look a lot like you," said Snow White, "My bags under my eyes are exactly like yours."

Why, yes they are, Sweetie. Thanks for pointing those out.

5 comments:

  1. I worry what my children think when people say that they look like me. Should I tell them that I'm sorry? Should I feel complimented because they are wonderful, beautiful people? Pride, I guess, for me. Is that bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It cracks me up because last summer when my kids met most of the extended family on both sides, people kept saying about Natalie "Wow, she looks JUST like..." and then they all proceeded to name different people within and without my immediately family. And they were all so sure of the EXACT likeness. Oh well, it's all relative. No pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like children to remind you how beautiful you are, and if you are really lucky they will do it in public so other people can notice. My daughter was bored as we set at the hospital today so she would push the fat in on my stomach and then be amazed that it would instantly "pop back out".

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bags under your eyes?! That is so darn funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice that kids point out that kind of thing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails