August 25, 2009

Obedience by the Letter

A couple of days ago, Cinderella had a hard time remembering to obey. So, she got homework. A three hundred word essay about obedience. And, this is what she wrote:

My Obedience Essay: (three hundred words)

Genesis 6: 19 - Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

Genesis 22: 19 - And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Genesis 26: 5 - Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Ex. 19: 5 - Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Ex. 24: 7 - And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient.

Lev. 18: 26 – Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:

Lev. 26: 3 - If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;

Lev. 26: 21 - And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.

Deut. 5: 27 - Go thou near, and hear all that the Lord our God shall say: and speak thou unto us all that the Lord our God shall speak unto thee; and we will hear it, and do it.

Deut 6: 3 - Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the Lord God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.

I learned that obedience is important from reading and copying these scriptures.

" I will go and do the things that the Lord hath commanded." 1 Nephi 3:7

Three hundred and twenty-four words. Not exactly what I was asking for, but you can hardly argue with God's Word. (Next time I must emphasize the personal aspect of an essay.)

3 comments:

  1. Denise8/25/2009

    Hey, where is "children, obey thy parents..."

    Pretty clever, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Kids sure keep us hopping.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails