August 26, 2009

On the Auction Block

This Saturday, we're having a gathering of the ladies in our church for an "auction" of service and home made goods. No money will be exchanged, but there will probably be food and fun and a bit of inspired learning, too. I'm looking forward to it, but am still trying to come up with an item to auction. I was telling my girls about the activity, and asked them what they thought I should take. "What is something that I'm good at making that I could auction off?" I asked.

Sleeping Beauty jumped in with her suggestion right away. "How about Cinderella? You made her and did a pretty good job. Let's auction her off."

That's some pretty quick thinking there. And, she does have a point. Although, I was really hoping I could make me some money or something.

3 comments:

  1. I think making twins is far more unique talent. I think you'll get more money for that item... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah. I am willing to bet that my mom would love to have Cinderella around for housework and cooking. I think you should auction your knowledge about certain topics. For example, you could recommend reading, give a small book of recipes, or information regarding raising twins (to someone who is pregnant with multiples.) You could also introduce someone to the world of blogging or e-mailing. Maybe an older member of the world would like to learn how to communicate with their grandchildren via e-mail.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails