July 23, 2009

A Delightful Weekend

We were privileged to be spoiled at my Aunt and Uncle's house for a couple of days. We had a great time visiting with them and my cousins, and my cousins' cute kids. We had marvelous food, and while I know it's not exactly what my aunt had in mind, it was delicious nonetheless. And, just so you know, my cousin, Josh, makes the best scrambled eggs I've ever had. And, my cousin, Jennifer, makes a killer tart. Mmmmm... I wish I had one this minute. And, I think I already mentioned the heavenly brownies Denise made for Shaylie to serve at her mini piano recital, which was held at their house. Really, really yummy food.

The kids and dads all enjoyed playing in the backyard and were thrilled to be allowed to pick as many fresh peas from the garden that they wanted. They loved it! Don't you think Snow White looks like she's been caught with her hand in the cookie jar? I tell you, she loved those peas so much, she may have chosen them over most cookies. It really made me wish that we had planted a garden this year. It makes gardening a little hard when you leave and go traipsing across the west for a month in the summer. Maybe next year we'll grow some peas. Anyway, back to our fun days of visiting...

The Saturday morning we stayed there, Uncle Dave (who gets credit for each and every picture in this post, by the way) had the important job of driving the fire truck in the West Bountiful parade. He invited our girls to ride in the truck with his grandchildren and help throw candy to the parade-goers. Of course, they eagerly accepted and had a marvelous time! I'm guessing their full bellies of Salt Water Taffy enhanced the experience that much more.Thanks, Denise and Dave, for your fabulous hospitality and some great memories!

3 comments:

  1. So fun to catch up on the rest of your trip. I miss you guys!!! I'll call you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pic of Cinderella on the grass! You should frame it! I want a tart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails