July 10, 2009

Still Vacationing...

It's been kind of a lazy week. That's been nice. We've been swimming in Grandma and Grandpa's pool, playing at the park and splash pad, shopping for school clothes, (Can you believe the girls start school in a month from today? Yikes!) and just hanging out with our cousins.

I suppose we've had a few adventures, too. Grandpa took us to the driving range to try our hands at golfing. We won't say any of us are naturals, but we do have some of Grandpa's blood, so there is some potential, anyway. We're thinking if it had been under 100 degrees, it would have been easier to concentrate on our swings. That's our excuse, anyway.

Last night, Snow White and I went with Grandpa to see Footloose at the outdoor theater. It was a date do-over for Grandpa and Snow White, since she got sick last time they tried to go. The show was fun, and Snow White even got to go up on stage and do some cowgirl dancing during the intermission. Add that experience to the fun show, plus the snow cone she slurped, and you've pretty much got the formula for her dream night. It was fabulous.

Wednesday, I went to lunch with some of my Junior High friends. It was so great to see them and catch up a little bit. I think they look the same as they did twenty years ago, which means I must, too. ;) And, we went to Cafe Rio, so it couldn't have been a better lunch!

We introduced the girls to Cold Stone. Delish! Of course, they loved it. I do have some prety smart girls, after all. I'm just wondering how it took me ten years to finally take them there. Probably because I'm sorta smart, too, and like to savor my Cold Stone, which is easier to do sans toddlers and preschoolers. They are old enough to savor their ice cream now, and savor they did. Sleeping Beauty kept wondering on the chemistry of the whole process: "How do you think they make this taste exactly like the cake batter when you lick the bowl? It's crazy." Yes, it is crazy. And fattening. But, we're on vacation, right?

Which brings me to my next point: If you have gained many pounds as a side effect of medications, it is not a good idea to go on vacation for a month. It's too hard to resist all of the mint chocolate brownies, Cold Stone ice cream, Sun Chips, and endless supplies of Creamies in the freezer for four weeks. Yikes. Let's just say it's a very good thing only my family saw me in my swimming suit this afteroon. It's an even better thing that every single one of them had to take off their glasses to swim. Phew.

Speaking of glasses, Cinderella and SW finally got their new specs. And, they're pretty cute, too. I promise to put up a picture in the next week or so. The pictures went home with Cinderella and King, whom we miss terribly, and get to see in just four days!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time. Our school starts a week earlier than yours! I am not ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a recipe for cake batter ice cream! It is my favorite. The secret is a cake mix sadly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun you are having. Sounds so yummy! It will be hard (and yet good) to get home. Can't wait for the new pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE creamies, and Cold Stone and Cafe Rio...yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails