July 19, 2009

(Home.)

Today was church. It was nice to be back and worship with familiar friends and families. It was also nice to see new people have moved in and joined our congregation. Yay!

We were about two minutes late for church. (Again.) It does not matter what time we head for the car, it seems like we are always a minute or two late. This time, I have to say, it was pretty much my fault. I wanted to sleep too much, and didn't leave enough time for myself to get ready and get the girls moving because they wanted to sleep too much, too. I suppose that's what we get for never enforcing a bedtime on vacation and sleeping in until what is almost noon at home. Coming off of vacation is just hard.

There are some good things, though, about coming home from vacation. It's nice to get clothes out of a closet, instead of a suitcase. It's nice to have my skin feel some humidity in the air. (Ask me again how much I like that once this cool front moves out, though--I may not love it so much when I feel like I live in a sauna.) It's nice to have a routine and more space to ourselves. It's nice to be able to yell at my kids again have the girls see each other again. They wouldn't admit it, but ten days was a long time to not be together, and they are glad to be back together. They keep fighting forgetting they are glad, but they are.

And, now, what to do with the rest of our summer vacation? Well, the girls have friends they need to have come play. We have a birdhouse to build, apparently. (I just found out this was on the agenda.) We have books to read and prizes to earn from the library's Summer Reading Program. We head to St. Louis for a couple of days for King to work and us to play. (Any suggestions for St. Louis?) We have school supplies to buy and sleeping habits to break. (I'm thinking that the teachers would prefer students who were at school at 7:45 a.m. rather than 1:00 p.m. Bummer.) We have a few summer recipes the girls want to try out. We have some service projects and some home improvement projects (Why do these seem so never-ending?) to complete. We have games to play and fun to have. It will be great.

And, I've found that after reading this post over before publishing, I need to calm down with the parentheses. (((Obviously.)))

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the land of the overly parenthetical. (It's nice over here.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you caught the parenthesis from me. Sorry. I know for a fact you did not catch the sleeping in thing from me, and I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your post and it sounds like you will be very, very busy for the next couple of weeks! (Oh yes, I loved those too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staples has some crazy 'free' deals according to my "Money Saving Mom" blog - I need school supplies too, so that may be a good place to start. I've had the birdhouse on my agenda for about a year now, let me know when you do your, maybe I'll come and join in:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't matter what time church is. Stop trying to get there for the opening hymn.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails