July 23, 2009

Irrational Rationing

Am I the only irrational parent that insists my children use their school boxes from last year because they look brand new and nothing is wrong with them? Surely I can't be the only irrational and unfair mother out there. According to my children, no one has to have the same school box, calculator and pencil sharpener two years in a row. Let alone a backpack. It's just not fair. I say there is no requirement to have a calculator and a pencil sharpener and they should feel lucky that I have gone above and beyond. Of course, I know nothing, so it matters little what I say.

Perhaps I should let dad take over the organizing children for school and let them see how far they get with him? If he had any say, they'd still have Barbie and Strawberry Shortcake backpacks. Wonder how that would go over in Middle School?

2 comments:

  1. Funny. I loved being able to use the same school box and backpack year after year. I just get attached to things. I actually still have and use the same backpack I had starting the 7th grade. I must be weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness. I was afraid I was going to be the only parent forcing their children to use the same backpack this year. I know my son won't care. I guess I haven't told my daughter yet but she's only 6 - shouldn't I be able to get away with it this year?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails