July 17, 2009

A Weekend with Grandma B

Grandma B had a family reunion in Kaysville, so we met her and Sean and Rebecca there. The park was lovely, and the weather was nice--it was a good time. After the reunion, we headed back to my Uncle Dave and Aunt Denise's house to have Cinderella's Mini Piano Recital. Denise made the most scrumptious brownies to celebrate, and Cinderella did an excellent job showing off her piano skills. (No pictures--oops!)

We then headed to a home in West Valley that Grandma B found for us to rent. It was a great house (after we finally got the housekeepers to come get it ready for us) and the girls thought it was so fun to share a bunkbed room with Grandma B. This next picture cracks me up because King is trying to open a can of olives--with a wine corker. The can opener didn't work, and we were desperate, and not completely successful. The wine corker worked better than the butcher knife, though. The hot tub was nice,and the house was close to lots of things, like a church we could walk to on Sunday, a bowling alley,and the Oquirrh (pronounced oak-er) Mountain Temple.I'm sure we'll always remember the rousing game of charades we played. Did you know that The Secret of the Magic Gourd is a Disney movie? Neither did I. Tell me, just how would you act that out for others to guess? Yeah, crazy, huh? It was pretty funny! (And, you're welcome Cinderella and Mom B for not putting your embarrassing pictures on here.)(I look just like Brother Bear, don't I?)

And, on that flattering note, I think I'll wrap it up for today. The girls are STARVING to death and I guess they are incapable of finding food themselves. I must make lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! What memories, What pictures and thanks for not publishing whatever looked worse than the ones you did publish. Yours was the best queen! So glad you all could be there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails