September 15, 2008

Favorites

Last night, we had a "get to know you" activity for our church ladies group. We were asked to bring one of our "favorite things" as a way to share something about ourselves. On the way home from church, I asked the girls if they could think of anything I should take.

"You should take me!" said Sleeping Beauty.

"Actually, I'm the oldest so I've been your favorite for the longest, so I should go, " said Cinderella.

"I was really her first favorite," said the King, "so if anyone should go, it should be me. And besides, Cinderella, you haven't been the favorite for the longest. You were the favorite for about two and a half years and then you were replaced by someone else."

"Yeah, by me!" exclaimed Snow White. "Ha!"

"Ruuuuude." said Cinderella.

"Yes," said the King, "then Snow White was our favorite for twelve minutes, then she was replaced."

"Yes! I'm the youngest--I told you I was the favorite," boasted Sleeping Beauty.

In the end, I took mint M&Ms as my favorite thing. The truth is, the girls and the King, are all my favorites. But, mint M&Ms never disappoint. And it was a chance to get out of the house alone. And M&Ms fit nicely into my purse. And it was only a little embarrassing to admit I have 10 month old candy hiding in my drawer because I just need a little chocolate sometimes to have a happy day with all of my darling favorite things.

1 comment:

  1. I know that I am really the favorite. After all I am the one that introduced you to mint M&M's.
    Do you put them in your night stand drawer like Mom? I have always thought that is so strange to have candy in the bedroom, but if you do it too then maybe I am the strange one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails