September 22, 2008

Weekend News

This past weekend, I went shopping with a few friends. We had a fabulous time and spent much more time shopping than we ever thought we could. Each of us bought only a few things but somehow we filled the entire trunk with our packages. Next time, we'll have to invite more people because it was such fun. But, then we'd really need to rent a U-haul or something for the packages.

In other news, Cinderella has completed all of her Faith in God requirements. She is excited to be ready to head off to the Young Women program now and begin working on her Personal Progress. It has been so fun to see her learn and grow in the gospel and in developing her testimony of our Savior. The Faith in God is truly an inspired program. We promised a celebration of her achievement, so I'm thinking of what yummy treat I can make. ...mmmmm...

Also, on Sunday, I was lucky to survive substituting in the nursery with the 18-month to 3-year-old children. I usually love this, but for some reason it felt a bit chaotic yesterday. Maybe it was that I had a pretty bad headache, or maybe it was that I was peed on by a very sweet and repentant little guy..."Oops, I'm so sorry I got a little pee-pee on your skirt. Just a little bit, though." Yes, just a wee bit. But, somehow, enough.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Cinderella. That is a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the shopping! Not-so-yay for the pee-pee. Yuck. I had an interesting day in nursery yesterday, too -- but mine only involved a few meltdowns (after I had to carry out a few threats to put toys away because they wouldn't share) and one boy with a mean set of teeth who was intent on biting everyone. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhhhhh... that makes me think of our shopping weekend! so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it wasn't a very fun day in Nursery. Hopefully I won't be gone too much more this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, pee...boogers...slobber it only takes a little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be Heavenly Father showing you what you missed with boys! Hmm pee with the boys, emotions with the girls....

    ReplyDelete
  7. this might explain why I have been unable to fill the nursery leader calling in my ward for FIVE MONTHS. Maybe if I offered aprons or body bibs or something?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails