September 12, 2008

Politician

Now, Snow White says she wants to be a vet or an artist when she grows up, but I think she's well on her way to becoming a politician. Yesterday, she was complaining about some things at her school, and was telling me what she means to do about them.

"Mom, do you know we never sing the National Anthem in our new school? Well, except for in choir once in a while. But never in the morning like at our old school."

"Really?" I said, "That's too bad."

"Yeah, I'm going to talk to Mr. S [the principal] about it and ask him if we can at least sing it on Monday Morning Meetings."

"That's a good idea," I replied, "Talk to him about it."

"He'll probably make me lead it, but I don't care, because we should be singing it, especially on a day like today." [September 11th]

"Well, good for you. That's a great plan."

She's passionate about it and wants to make a change. She also thinks there should be more rungs on the ladder on the playground so the little kids can get up easier and thinks they should have hat day every once in a while. Just for fun, because the other kids would think it was great too.

So, this zeal, and the conversation we had next, make me think she's well on her way to the politician's life.

"Snow White, what homework do you have tonight?"

"Mom, my backpack is so light when I don't bring homework books home. Do you want to feel it?"

"You don't have any homework?"

"It's crazy my backpack is so light!"

"It is light. Wow. Okay, go get your ballet clothes on."

Two hours later....

"Snow White, you need to hop in the shower."

"But, Mom," she whined, "I have to do my homework first!"

"What? I thought you didn't have any homework. You said you didn't have any."

"No," she calmly explained, "I didn't say I didn't have any. I said my backpack is light when I don't have books in it. I only have paper homework, and I didn't want to do it earlier."

Way to evade the issues. The little stinker. :)

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails