September 5, 2008

Tidbits

I love the marquee signs at the churches I pass during my days. Where I grew up, if the churches had marquee signs, they said "Visitors Welcome" or "Visit Sunday 9:00 or 11:00 a.m.". While nice and informative, they lack the character and warmth of the little tidbits we get around our little town.

Today, I drove past a new quote on a marquee that said, "Let Jesus Save You From Eternal Overheating". I like it. Clever. I think you could also say, "Let Jesus Save You From Mortal Overheating", as in, overworked, worn-out by the things of the world. You really can only get the proper perspective of life by turning to Christ.

Another one up now is "The Bible is the Breakfast of Champions. What Did You Have?" Now, that's food for thought.

One of the recent ones that made me smile is "Dusty Bibles Lead to Dirty Lives". Too true.

But my very favorite? It has to be this one: "Don't Give Up, Moses Was Once a Basket Case". It's hilarious. Even though it should probably read "Moses was once IN a basket case." But, still, very funny.

6 comments:

  1. HAHA!

    .... I miss those signs in *UNDISCLOSED* location :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! There's that one little church by Los Hermonos that always says funny stuff like that on their sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved reading signs outside the churches in Western New York. So funny. There was even a special ministry at one of the churches right by my first apartment -- and their specific assignment was to come up with all of the different messages for the marquee signs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/06/2008

    I have always wondered what clever sayings would be on a sign for an LDS church?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of miss those from the south. I remember getting an email of one once that said "Don't pray about the Book of Mormon- That's how they get you."

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite: "If God is your co-pilot, you need to switch seats."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails