November 17, 2008

Just So You Know

IF you use powdered milk (to ingeniously save money and rotate your supply in your food storage without having to drink the nasty stuff) for your recipe of broccoli cheddar soup, when you put in the cheddar cheese, it will not melt into the soup. Even after ten minutes of stirring, and melting. It will do this:I am no food scientist, so I have no idea why it wouldn't blend. I do know, though, that your family will have less curiosity than you do as to why it happened. They'll just want to eat. Which they'll do only because you put enough garlic in. But they'll only eat after you get all the globby cheese out. Because if you leave it in, it will just be too unappetizing. You don't save money, by the way, if you throw good, expensive cheese in the garbage.

Just trust me. Don't try it.

6 comments:

  1. I'm just laughing - and that actually lookrd pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids LOVE big globs of cheese. Maybe I should try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know. Don't you hate it when you TRY to be frugal and end up wasting bucketloads of food?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that is pretty nasty. Too bad, it looked really good otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I had known you were trying this, I could have told you it probably wouldn't work. We tried it a few time when making 'cheesy potatoes'. It did look like good soup. Darn it, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so weird...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails