November 24, 2008

Memory Monday...Class of '91

Okay, so I was supposed to post this, at my sister's request, on Friday. But, I had no idea where my senior pictures were. Which was just fine with me, really, because the world certainly doesn't need more permed hair and humongous lace collars. However, yesterday, in cleaning up a mess of the stationary that is stored in my closet (um, thanks for that opportunity, girls) I came across the senior picture I put in my yearbook. I have no idea why it was in there. Maybe it was fate, because, really, how could we all not love looking at this disaster?I wish I could have found all of the other proofs I have. I loved the ones with my name written in lights behind me, or the ones where I rested my chin on my hands on top of a mirror so you could see my sexy, serious look reflecting. But, I chose this one for the yearbook, because it was "classic" and "timeless" and sweet, but wise looking. Ha! I think it's safe to say that Jessica McClintock has moved on to better things, thank goodness. Those lace collars were awesome back then, though. I remember almost choosing for the yearbook a fabulous pose where I was looking over my shoulder, but the lace on the back of the dress was not so dramatic and gorgeous. Thankfully, I didn't choose that pose, because Tiffany M. chose that pose for her picture, and we had the same dress. Except hers was blue and mine was green. That would have been embarrassing.

Speaking of embarrassing, I could have posted my wedding pictures here, and I looked about the same--two years later. And, speaking of my wedding, I had one cousin that wore this exact dress to my wedding. Because I couldn't help myself from sharing my fashion faux pas with other younger, impressionable girls. I'm nice that way.

12 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhh how I love that picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty great. Obviously I was pretty jealous of this dress. Who wouldn't be?
    Oh, Jessica McClintock, how will we ever thank you?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is FABULOUS!! Love the collar, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I just visited Jessica McClintocks site. She sure is a lot less modest than she used to be isn't she. I could not find one dress that I would let my daughter (if I had one) wear! I might be willing to go back to the 90's style just for modesty to be in fashion...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is oh, so fabulous. :) Gotta love those big, lacy collars. I know I wore my fair share of them back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you still have that dress, you know it is only a matter of time before the doily look comes back into fashion. =)

    I remember those floral and lace dresses and how happy I was to finally get one of my own. It had super shiny mother of pearl lace. LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me feel soooo old!! I made a 'doily' dress for Tawny when she was two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely, dear. I totally remember you like this. I remember looking at all your dance pictures in your bedroom and being jealous. fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this picture. It is perfect for the yearbook and I LOVE that someone else wore this dress to your wedding! That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i graduated in 91, too! i really should dig up my senior portriat.

    i remember all of those intricate lace collars and velvets of j. m.'s design, although i have to say that in l.a., jessica mclintock was so 88!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny, K. I too had a collared dress for my senior picture...and my Christmas dance picture. I do believe that was a Jessica McClintock dress actually! How funny to even think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails