November 18, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday

(Actually, it was a Thursday.) I am so sick of pears. I really barely like them anyway. I use the pear sauce to substitute for oil in baking, and, occasionally, the girls (except Cinderella, she has an aversion to most fruits and vegetables) eat it plain. Ick-but, whatever, it's good for them. My friend Kelsey and I spent the better part of the day cutting and squishing and boiling. It was nice to be done. We've also spent the last few days drying a bunch. The best part? All of them were FREE. King's boss is so nice. :)

Before:
And, after:

7 comments:

  1. Very impressive. Good job, you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Looks yummy.
    Free? Now that is pretty good deal you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I can guarantee that stuff would be gone within a few months at our house. That's a huge job and a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11/18/2008

    Free - what a bargain. They would cost you a fortune. Several years ago I bought 7 bushels of pears and peeled and bottled them all - I was SO sick of pears I haven't done them since, and I love bottled pears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/18/2008

    Yummy!! I am so jealous. What a great tackle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. What a job! But it is great to have something free to bake with. I love canning and am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am very impressed with anyone who cans and preserves. i really need to learn that skill. and practice it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails