October 7, 2009

Can't Quite Recall

Book Group was at my house last night. Gratefully, I have a fabulous friend who helped me get my house visitor ready so that I could take a nap in the afternoon and actually make it to the Book Group. Which, of course, was kind of important, since it was at my house. I think, though, that my nap should have been a little bit longer...

We were discussing the book we had read, which was about a village in England that isolated themselves during the Plague of 1665. I commented that it sort of reminded me of the creepy movie that was about a village where they didn't want anyone to leave the village, so they had this way to keep people in the village. But, I couldn't remember the name of the movie, about this village.

That's when K said, "Uh, do you mean the movie, The Village?"

Um, yeah. That's what I mean. It has such a tricky name to recall, I don't know how anyone would remember. Duh. :) I'm going with the whole "traumatized by discovering I have a teenager now" excuse, since I was feeling pretty fine at the time. There has to be some logical excuse. Perhaps going off the memory drug that didn't help my headaches and made me crazy should be reconsidered...

3 comments:

  1. That's great. I would so do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha ... ha HA!!!! you crack me up.

    p.s. that was a GREAT movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed at that K person, for figuring out the illusive movie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails