October 20, 2009

(Not So) Fabulous Pictures

Has it really been almost a week since I last posted? Wow. I guess it's been a pretty rough week around here. Not really anything out of the ordinary--just had some bad headache days. Hmm...what else?

Snow White has been home sick with a fever for two days. She woke me up in the night because she was worried that if she has the Swine Flu she ought to tell me. :) I have no idea if she has it, but she is running a fever and has a cough and cold. It's pretty mild. We're just hoping no one else gets it. I'm afraid it may be just a matter of time, though.

Saturday I "fell off the wagon", so to speak. I took Excedrin, and it had been a really long time since I had any. Is it really falling off the wagon if you plan on jumping off? Maybe not. I decided ahead to take some medicine so that I could make it to a corn maze/hayride church activity with my family. We had a good time, and could have had some really fabulous pictures, had I remembered the camera. Grrrr--I hate when I do that. This time the activity was with a bunch of college-aged kids, so I didn't even have a fellow parent friend or a nice 4th grade teacher to back me up. Trust me, though--the leaves were gorgeous, and the girls were adorable.

The Excedrin was able to take the edge off so that I could have some fun, and it was nice to be out of the house doing something with the family and not wishing I were in a dark room instead. The girls loved the hayride, and getting lost in the corn maze was pretty great, too. The S'mores and hot chocolate were their favorite things. I can't think of anything better to do on a balmy (ha-it was 40 degrees!) fall evening. It was perfect, (except for it being like winter outside).

Also this week, the girls spent a considerable amount of time doing a picture-by-picture movie that included this picture:King wouldn't help them set the movie to music, as hit-and-runs are against the law. I guess I'm glad that he cared more about the law and principle than their creative processes. I'm not sure if it was bad judgment or a really bad migraine that made me think the picture video they created was pretty darn funny. Good thing King is here to keep us all in check. What would we do without that guy?

3 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to have at least one sort-of-normal day. A great way to spend it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am forever forgetting to take pictures. Oddly enough I usually have my camera with me but I get wrapped up in what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very funny about the hit-and-run. Elliot should play with them, they'd get along great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails