October 5, 2009

It's Official

I am officially the mom of a teenager, and thereby, know absolutely nothing--including how to pick out clothes for myself and my daughters, what to say when tears are flowing, and when it is appropriate to ask how one's day was or ignore one's very existence. The good news is, I hear this is temporary. In about seven to nine years, I will become mostly human again. That's nice.

Cinderella had a great celebration day. She was absolutely thrilled with each and every gift. (Thanks to all!) And, I'm guessing the turkey dinner she requested went over well since she decided she was so full after dinner, she needed to have her ice cream cake the next day.

{Happy Birthday Cinderella! We love you more than words and are so grateful you are a part of our family.}

7 comments:

  1. Okay, it has officially been too long since I saw you guys last. I don't think I could pick her out of a crowd. She looks WAY too grown up!!!
    Happy Birthday, Cinderella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday to Cinderella! I seriously can't believe she's a teenager already. Wasn't she 9 like just yesterday? She's looking so much more grown up, though, than when she was in my Activity Days group (and, consequently, is also looking more and more like you...and yes, that is a great thing). Good luck reading her mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Mom. You've entered a one-way tunnel. Go towards the light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! And if it is any consolation, I've had some mighty fine teenage years in my house:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three girls at once? You have my deepest sympathies. I have one grown (29) and one 10 who "thinks" she is a princess and a teen. I don't think I could have handled two of her, never mind three.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday Cinderella! and happy teenagedom. that's a word right??? good luck to all :) and Cinderella -- you are DARLING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now when my boys turned 13, they basically disappeared from sight, sound and especially touch for about 2 years. Then suddenly they returned and were quite nice to be with. I'm excited to see how it is with girls! You WILL be the expert!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails