October 30, 2009

Elbow Room

I think it would be great fun to have a twin. It's like having a built-in best friend with you all the time. Someone who knows you almost as much as you know yourself. And someone who knows you better than your mom. That's what my twins claim, and they just might be right. Sleeping Beauty is forever changing the food she likes, and I think Snow White is the only one that can remember what her preferences are in a certain week. I'm not sure if it's telepathy, or some secret signal they've got figured out, but it sure is cute.

SB and SW go through phases where they are nearly attached at the hip. They are going through one of those phases lately. I snapped these pictures of them working on their homework together a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how they could concentrate or have enough room to work, but they manage. I figure they will outgrow it sometime, and I'll have to remind them how much they could get done with an extra appendage. They'll be mothers one day, and I'm pretty sure it will be reassuring to know that mothering a newborn is not their first time doing things with someone attached to their hip.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, I think that not expecting personal space will make them prepared for much success in their parenting days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second picture is great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails